Join an A-Team. Change an industry.
Build some magical tech.
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for finding and qualifying retailers and brands that are interested in innovating their in-store experience across a large retail footprint. You are a sales machine, leveraging your CRM to build target prospect lists, call and email at volume and break down doors to get to the right decision maker or champion and drive industry awareness of the capabilities of PERCH. If they are qualified and interested, you will work with our Directors of Sales to close new business and drive revenue for our growing company.
You are comfortable on the phone and excellent communicating with people. You have a knack for getting people to help you. You are persistent without being pushy. You are friendly and charming but don’t know how to take no for an answer. You’re competitive and continually push yourself beyond your goals. You are tenacious and don’t need external motivation to organize your day and to exceed your goals. You are a constant student, experimenting and constantly learning and growing. You strive to get to the next level and are willing to put in the work to get there.
- Pitch the value of PERCH to Mgr, Director and VP level employees in Marketing, Creative, Brand Management and Sales at leading retailers and brands.
- Use our Salesforce CRM with management to identify and build lists of high-probability accounts
- Make 40-60 calls per day and a similar number of emails or LinkedIn messages to engage prospects, find decision makers and identify opportunities
- Qualify every one of our inbound leads from the web, email and marketing
- Quickly identify whether prospects have legitimate chances of doing business with PERCH and if not, move on.
- Transition qualified leads to the Sales Directors and ensure timely follow up
- Source enough leads to drive 3-5 closed deals per month from opportunities you have discovered
- Drive $1m in annual contract value from leads that you have sourced to the team.
- Reach 40-60 people per day via phone and numerous online channels
- 1-2 years experience in high volume outbound cold calling environments preferred
- History of strong academic, extra-curricular or athletic achievement
- Background or experience with retail or shopping preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM a big plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience as a strong team player
- Ability to respond quickly to new questions and think on your feet
Director of Sales
The Director of Sales is responsible for driving successful new client relationships with retailers and brands that are interested in innovating their in-store experience across a large retail footprint. The Director of Sales builds strong relationships at senior levels of multiple touchpoints in the organization, understands how to gain consensus and organizational momentum, drives to the initial sale and continues to nurture client relationships post-sale to grow the business.
The Director of Sales is our frontline to our growing success as a company. Part evangelist, part teacher and part pragmatist.
- Drive 7-digit top line revenues primarily from new business relationships at first, and then increasingly through penetration of existing accounts
- Manage a pipeline of retailers and brands that are interested in Perch technology and nurture those relationships to help find a suitable project
- Create attack plans and leverage key people in the organization in an account-based marketing approach
- Ensure successful transition of new opportunities to the client success team and use the delivery process to deepen organizational relationships and identify follow-on opportunities
- Manage all activity in our Salesforce CRM and constantly improve sales processes
- Drive $1.5m in bookings in the first year
- Drive follow-on revenue in 30% of newly acquired client base within 9 months
- Successfully forecast next month bookings within 25%, 80% of the time
- 5-10 years of experience selling into retail organizations and specifically the Innovation, Marketing, Sales, In-Store Experience or Operations departments
- Experience selling platform-type products that can be highly customized as well as products that are emerging technologies
- Significant experience using Salesforce.com for all sales activity, experience creating custom reports a plus
- Management of sales team a plus
- Experience working with marketing teams in an Account Based Marketing approach a plus